Expressions of Interest
Chairperson and Members of Northern Territory Planning Commission
Expressions of Interest are invited from suitably qualified members of the community wishing to be appointed as either Chairperson or as a member of the Planning Commission.
Interested persons will be required to demonstrate in their Expression of Interest:
- Strategic thinking and leadership that promotes the continuing growth and development of the Northern Territory consistent with good planning principles;
- A proven capacity to quickly master complex ideas and communicate these effectively to a wide range of audiences;
- High level interdisciplinary and analytical skills to identify key issues and make effective decisions on complex planning issues;
- Knowledge of community engagement principles and demonstrated interpersonal skills to administer and strengthen such processes;
- Well-developed political and organisational awareness to make sound and balanced judgments, and
- A significant ability to understand different perspectives and aspirations across all levels of society, ages and cultures.
Specific expertise in disciplines such as land use planning and development, engineering, surveying, spatial science, architecture, land valuation, urban design, economics and demography is highly desirable.
The Chairperson leads the NTPC and facilitates the proper consideration of all matters brought to the Commission.
Persons expressing an interest in the position of Chairperson will be required, in addition to the above, to demonstrate an ability to articulate a clear direction and vision for an organisation and will have experience with presenting to the public and media.
Conditions of appointment, including an initial term of up to two years, will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Expressions of interest close on 20 February 2017.
How to Apply
You must submit the following package of information to form your Expression of Interest:
1. A covering letter or email that:
- specifies the position you are expressing an interest in (Chairperson or member);
- your preferred contact phone number;
- your email address;
- your postal address;
2. A detailed curriculum vitae (maximum three pages in length) that outlines your education and professional qualifications, career history, and relevant achievements and responsibilities; and
3. A statement addressing how you meet the selection criteria set out above (maximum three pages in length).
Note that separate information packages should be submitted if you are expressing an interest in both the position of Chairperson, and as a member.
Expressions of Interest should be sent to:
The Hon Nicole Manison MLA
Minister for Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics
GPO Box 3146
DARWIN NT 0801
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 20 February 2017.
Enquiries about the positions may be directed to 08 8924 7540 or email email@example.com.
The NT Planning Commission is provided with professional, technical and secretariat support by the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics.